Inheritance scams

Dearest in the lord,please read and reply quickly

Scam Email received July 2, 2018 from
Email From:


Dearest in the lord,please read and reply quickly

Other emails used:,

Email Subject:

Dearest in the lord,please read and reply quickly

Dearest in the lord,please read and reply quickly –

  Dearest in the Lord, I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus, May the Holy Spirit of God be with you and your family. Please do not be upset with this message, it may not be addressed directly in your name but I strongly believe the Holy Spirit will touch you to read and comprehend it. If you receive it as Junk or spam please move to the inbox, it could be internet error or my low knowledge of modern technology. My name is Rev. Lawrence R. Larson from Florida, I am a Clergy Man, I have worked for 20 years in Assembles of God Church here in Florida, I am now 87 Years old and have been hospitalized since October 10th 2017, I was told recently that I may not be able to make it next few weeks, I have been under Medical Auspice since then, I had Cancer of the Long and it has affected my breathing which I found it very difficult to breathe except with the help of Oxygen, I am writing to you now from my sick bed and I want you to take note of the following which is going to disclose to you. I have a total sum of US$1, 000 000.00 in my reserve account which was purported to be used for Charity nut, unfortunately, I was hospitalized and the plan to carry out this project has been put pending since then, I am the only one who can authorize the release of the fund to anyone who stands as my next of Kin, my wife Mrs. Ruth Naomi Larson passed away two years ago, I had no child, I have been catering for the orphans for 20 years I started Clergy work with the Assembles of God Church.My banker would not hesitate to proceed with the release of this fund to you once I signed the release in your name. After my prayers this morning, God revealed this email to me, I was touched because I do not know you or have any information about you, but I was shown this email contact, being a clergy Man, I can&t disobey God, I have to quickly disclose this information to you through the help of my private nurse, I may not be able to write to you always due to my condition here but please I need your trust and commitment that you will utilize this fund if my Bank release it to you, I want you to establish Charity home with it with 60% of the fund while the remaining 40% will be yours, but before this will be done, you have to convince me that you will do as I said and your word will be your bond. I need you to fill out the information below for my proper documentation and to enable me to make contact with my bank immediately. Your full name, Home address Date of Birth Telephone number Private email address Next of Kin Occupation Marital status ID/Passport As soon as I received the complete information above from you, I shall email you my ID (Drivers License, Passport, and my Clergyman ID), I will also proceed to obtain the fund ownership certificate in your name through the US HIGH COURT, please if you are really touched by this message and you are willing to carry out this project kindly get back to me quickly,I will keep praying for you over here and I will be glad to read from you in this regards. Please remember me in your daily prayers. God Bless you abundantly! Your Brother in Christ Rev. Lawrence R. Larson

The above email is a scam. If you still think is legitimate, but you’re still concerned, then follow these steps:

Ten Minutes 10 minutes.

How to check if you received a scam email

  1. Google the details.

    Do a Google search for the persons name/company name that the email has come from.

  2. Confirm the details.

    Visit their website and look for a phone number or email address. Search for the website yourself. Do not assume the details in the email are valid.

  3. Confirm using the information you have found

    Using the details you have researched, call or email the business and ask them to verify the information within the email.

  4. Check if the email has been sent to multiple people

    Google snippets of the email text to see if the same format has been used in the past. eg “Army officer from Syria but now living with the United Nations on asylum”

Most of us know someone who is vulnerable to these types of attacks. Fortunately, if you’re aware of the presence of these scams, and armed with some basic knowledge on identifying them, you can greatly reduce your chances people you know becoming a victim. Please help them by sharing this information on Facebook or Twitter using the #telltwo and #takefive hashtags.
Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button