Inheritance scams

Hello
marco@riccisas.com


Scam Email received July 9, 2018 from marco@riccisas.com

marco@riccisas.com
marco@riccisas.com
Email From:

marco@riccisas.com

Subject:

Hello

Other emails used:

marco@riccisas.com,

Email Subject:

Hello


Hello – marco@riccisas.com


Dear,I am Mrs.  Lorena Elonso, I&m writing this message to you With due respect, trust and humanity, I got your email address after an extensive on-line search via network power charitable trust for a reliable person. I appeal to you to exercise a little patience and read through my letter, I feel quite safe dealing with you in this important message, I&m sincerely writing this email to you with pains, tears and sorrow from my heart, I will really like to have a good understanding with you and I have a special reason why I decided to contact you, I decided to contact you due to the urgency of my situation. I&m writing you from hospital bed, therefore this message is very urgent.I have a donation to make which I will need your assistance to carry it out, I will be 62 years old this coming month, I&m a widow and my late husband  was a contractor with the Government of Spain before he died.I have sum of Three Million Five Hundred Thousand Euro with my late husband Emile Elonso, I want to give it out to orphanages homes and Charity organizations as a vow. This is the favor I need from you after you received the fund under your control.(1) Give 70% of the money to Charity organizations, orphanage homes and Churches e.t.c, on my name so that my desires will be fulfilled.(2) The remaining 30% should be for you and others that you may personally wish to assist.Remain Blessed.Mrs. Lorena Elonso marco@riccisas.com

The above email is a scam. If you still think is legitimate, but you’re still concerned, then follow these steps:

Ten Minutes 10 minutes.

How to check if you received a scam email

  1. Google the details.

    Do a Google search for the persons name/company name that the email has come from.

  2. Confirm the details.

    Visit their website and look for a phone number or email address. Search for the website yourself. Do not assume the details in the email are valid.

  3. Confirm using the information you have found

    Using the details you have researched, call or email the business and ask them to verify the information within the email.

  4. Check if the email has been sent to multiple people

    Google snippets of the email text to see if the same format has been used in the past. eg “Army officer from Syria but now living with the United Nations on asylum”

Most of us know someone who is vulnerable to these types of attacks. Fortunately, if you’re aware of the presence of these scams, and armed with some basic knowledge on identifying them, you can greatly reduce your chances people you know becoming a victim. Please help them by sharing this information on Facebook or Twitter using the #telltwo and #takefive hashtags.
Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button